Introduction To Kiteboarding Lesson
Interested in kiteboarding? Well we have the perfect way for you to answer that question in a low risk, low cost, format with the 101 Surf Sports Introduction to Kiteboarding lesson. Here's how it works. Late Afternoons we meet at the Marina Green in San Francisco or Mckegney Green in Tiburton for a discounted group lesson on all the in's and outs of Kiteboarding. Each session is 90 minutes in length and costs $60.
80% of kiteboarding is learning to control the kite and our land based Trainer Kite Lesson is the perfect solution to getting you kiting economically. On the water kiteboard lessons run about $125 an hour so you can save big money by first mastering the trainer kite and showing up to your lesson prepared.
First we start off covering the gear including;
- Sizes and Shapes for riders of different sizes and shapes
- Directional vs Twin Tips
- Construction & Materials
- Kite Design. Wave vs Freeride vs Freestyle. 4 line vs 5 Line. C vs Bow kite.
- Line Management & Bridals
- Bars and Safety Systems
- Construction and Materials
- Safety – Lights, Radio's, Knives, Impact Vests, Float Plans and
- In water apparel - wetsuits
Kite Flying (We fly trainer kites here)
- Understanding the "Wind Window"
- Parking the kite
- The Power Stroke
- The figure 8 Vertical
- The figure 8 Horizontal
- Left to right or Sine Flying
- Boats and Waterways
- Weather and Tides/Currents
- Self Rescue
- Self Launch
- Follow up lessons
Sign up for any Introductory kite lesson and you'll also receive
- 10% off the purchase of a trainer kite with DVD
- A coupon good for 5% off all kiteboard gear purchased. (not good on sale items)
- A 10% discount on your first lesson
Warning. Trainer kites are not toys and should always be used in safe manner. Kids under 50lbs should not fly trainer kites unsupervised. Maintaining a safe distance from others is key. Kiteboarding should never be attempted without first getting proper instruction as Kiteboarding can be dangerous.